Tuesday 12 August 2008

Whack-eyed & Blue

That state I'm in
______________________________________

This is the state i woke up in this morning. This is the story which saw me wake up in this state. 
As i rounded the corner to the builder's yard yesterday, a juggernaut rushed passed me, rushed is a strange way to describe the movement of a juggernaut i know, but rushed is what it did! Seconds later another, and seconds later another. The fourth juggernaut that passed was only just picking up speed; speed enough to make my death-defying leap death defying, but not speed enough to make it my last. 
So i leapt. 
In alone moments i like to think of myself as somewhat of an expert leaper, so i wasn't scared or nervous, i was confident, i knew i had the skill set required to leech onto this machine. As i did, i could feel the ferocious, stone age power of my horse, it leaked through me, this is what i'd missed, this is what had kept me leaping throughout my childhood, against doctor's warnings, through parental discipline, beyond friend's fascination. This too was my downfall. 
I was suckered right through the town centre, laughing at those short-sighted walkers, waving to friends from times gone by, this is what i had missed; i think they had missed it too judging by their wild applause and acclaim! 
That's all i remember, the rest i have consigned to the open road. I lay here whack eyed and blue.   

No comments: